Saturday, August 6, 2011

A weekend by degrees

Last weekend I was in Melbourne to attend Blogopolis. The conference was full of great, useful information and tips, presented by talented & experienced bloggers and professionals. It was also an opportunity to meet so many fabulous bloggers I know from Twitter, and to catch up with friends I've met previously. But this blog isn't about that. I realised when I started making some plans that a common theme was occurring, purely by coincidence. You'll soon see what I mean!

My flight into Melbourne was delayed which meant I missed dinner with @TwitchyCorner, @easypeasykids & @denwise1. Instead it was me, terrible TV, Twitter and barely adequate room service.  The time alone was awesome!


65 Degrees. Photo © Melissa Hobbs
 The following day started with a much sought-after sleep-in, followed by meeting up with @melhobbs at the fabulous @65Degrees. This is where my Weekend by Degrees began.
After coffee, I headed for lunch at Three Degrees where I finally got to meet one of my very first tweeps, @seanbradford and we spent 3 hours talking and tweeting. 


Photo www.eurekaskydeck.com.au
The degrees continued after the conference Saturday night with a visit to @Eureka_Skydeck. 88 floors above the city, with 180 degree views. Fantastic views, and very calming. Next time I visit during the day!


Sunday I scored another sleep-in! I was picked up from my hotel by @crazycuddles, and we headed for a leisurely breakfast. Next stop was Gasworks Arts Park for @melhobbs's photo exhibition NYC -6 degrees. 
 


By then it was time to head for the airport. So much fun, not enough time, but I loved the coincidence of it all! Can't wait to see you again, Melbourne!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! The things you saw and did away from the Blogoplis are amazing! Awesome pics too. Lovely to share some of the weekend with you, E!
    D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it when things like that happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You fitted in so much - I got a bath and drinks both nights and that was about it - will have to plan more next time...good to meet you there!
    Nicole (aka _wideeyedgirl) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun in Melbourne. I would've loved to have gone. One day we will meet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a fabulous weekend! Can't wait for the next big meet up x

    ReplyDelete